Some people are blessed with the skills to design a nice and professional website. However, there are others who dread at the thought of building and maintaining a website. For the latter, they will usually look for web designers to accomplish the job for them.
If you dread at the idea of creating your website, let me share with you 5 tips to hire the right web designer for your project:
1. Go to Google and search for a few reputable web design agencies or freelances. Look at their portfolio and make sure that you like their designs. Then shortlist a few prospective design agencies and call for interviews. Face to face meetings allow you to better judge the capability and reliability of a web designer.
2. Request a list of recent websites that the designers have done. Spend some time to look through each website and ask yourself whether you find them attractive and professional. You can put yourself in the position of a potential customer and see whether or not you will buy something from the site.
3. Ask for recommendations from your friends and business associates. A recommendation from someone you trust is usually good. So ask around and I believe they would be happy to recommend some website design singapore price to you.
4. Ask for quotations. After you have interviewed a few prospective design agencies, ask for a written quotation. Before a designer can submit you with a quotation, you need to provide a list of specifications that you want your website to have. Also, it is advisable to provide some sites that you like to the designer for reference.
5. Do not rush when making your final choice. Take your time to look through every proposal and compare the work of several designers before you make any decision. Any hasty decision will result in a loss of time and money. If you still cannot decide after the first round of interviews, shortlist the best candidates for a second round of interviews.
If you spot any design that you like when browsing on the Internet, look at the footer to check whether if there is any details of the designers. If not, you can always contact the owner and compliment him on its design. Then ask him whether he is kind enough to give you the details of his web designer. I am sure most people are kind enough to share with you.